Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Saint Karmela

Last night we went to Olive Garden for a get together cum Company Dinner. An informal dinner Abang's company always have every now and then.

The ladies ordered Salad and Clear Soups, I asked for Mushroom Cream Soup and Chicken Steak, and I even stole some fries from Abang's plate and some more from Steve's plate.

Steve work with Abang. He's around 60-ish, silvery haired, big and cuddly, handsome and I totally adore him. He's been married for 25 years to a Malaysian lady, but mostly she stay in Manchester, not with her husband in China.

The ladies shared tips about how to stay away from carbohidrates and calories. Grinning from ear to ear, Steve said, "Only salad?" "Good girls."

I looked at my plates. Realizing that I wasn't feeling quite full yet, and sheepishly asked Steve who sat in front of me, "Do you think I'm a bad girl if I order a Chocolate Mousse for dessert?"

Steve throw his hand in the air and exclaimed, "A bad girl??" "No, Dear... I'd think you're a SAINT!!"

And my self esteem was skyrocketing

Love you Steve!