Friday, August 26, 2005

Keep Our Dream Alive, Hun!

I love her at the first sight on the first day of our MABIM in our campus.
She was breathtakingly beautiful, wide eyed, sincere smile, and surprisingly witty and sarcastic.
It was *gosh* more than 14 years ago.
Her body was voluptous. Her hair was long, black and she wore it in ponytail.
I was in love with her throughout our days together in campus and long afterwards.

In 14 years so many things has changed.

I met my husband, had 2 kids from him, and eventually me and her become drifted apart.

After all, can we expect a good friendship will last if we're like more than 10.000 miles apart from each other?

We stopped sending each other news, we stopped emailing each other, we were in two different world. She's well into her career, I'm pretending to be contented with my job as a homemaker.

Then she changed her telephone number, and forgot to inform me.

I was devastated.

But then again, it's me..Mel..the not-so-optimistic girl.
The Negative Thinking girl.
The what-did-I-do-so-wrong-so-you-don't-want-to-be-my-friend girl.

I thought she just doesn't care about me anymore.

Countless night I think about her and wept..and wept..and wept.
She was my soulmate.
Altho I'm not sure whether she felt the same way with me.
She was popular, I'm a loner.
True, I had many friends in campus, but she was the only one who stole my heart away.
She was the only one I want to be with.

Then..
after many self destructive moment..
2 weeks ago we began talking again.

I Y!M-ed her and said I'm sorry if I did something wrong to her.
And she said she's the one who should say sorry for not telling me her new number.

We bridge the distance again.

Yesterday I talk to her and found out that we were still very much our oldselves.
We planned all the craziest thing we want to do together.
Like globetrotting (backpacker style, do you mind? we're not THAT rich), take photos, basically : ngegelandang.

We might start sooner than we originally planned ( Hun, better we do it before we turn 40, right?).

So this December she will come over to Singapore and see where it going to lead us ;)

It's okay, Hun..
We start with Singapore first, we'll walk to Chinatown, Bugis, Arab Street, no babies, no dads, nobody but us.

And who knows our next destination will be Timbooktoo? Where we could watch people grinning at us when we're trying to speak their language.
And we won't even protest if they mumbles "Idiotic Asian!", because we will be too happy and too excited to give a damn ;)

Right, Hun? :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous njeplak...

Wish you all good photos! Don't forget to buy Nike sendaljepit first.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Nauval Yazid njeplak...

they say,

"all's well, ends well"

but what do they know?

"all ends well"

i'm cheering for your happiness, Mel :)

12:17 AM  
Blogger guario njeplak...

great friendship never fades away... they just take a holiday;).

gue juga punya sahabat yang lama ngilang tapi ketika kita ketemu yah nggak ada yang berubah, kita masih orang yang sama.

and it is great to have a holiday once in a while from the ones we care so much and most likely, irritate us the most;).

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home